Now Hiring: Part-Time Sailing Instructor
Founded in 1992, Windworks Sailing and Powerboating is the premier US Sailing & US Powerboating school in the Pacific Northwest. We offer sailing courses, charter rentals, and ownership opportunities to accommodate every level of sailor and powerboater. Our fleet, classroom, and offices are at Shilshole Bay Marina in Seattle.
Windworks’ Basic Keelboat classes are taught aboard Catalina Capri 22 daysailers. Basic Cruising, Bareboat Cruising, and Coastal Passagemaking are taught aboard our cruising fleet of 30-to-42-foot Catalinas, Beneteaus, and Bavarias. Catamaran classes are taught aboard our Lagoon 40. Shore school sessions and Coastal Navigation are held in our dedicated onshore classroom. Courses are scheduled weekdays and weekends year-round.
Current US Sailing Instructor Endorsements are not required for new instructors. Windworks offers training pathways to earn official US Sailing instructor endorsements at our Seattle location.
Type: Part-time hourly position
Compensation: $20 to $25/hour DOE
- Teach safety, boat handling and sailing theory to adults in classroom and on-the-water lessons
- Prepare daily lesson plans for classroom and on-the-water instruction following curriculum guidelines set by Windworks and US Sailing
- Administer and grade US Sailing exams
- Current United States Coast Guard License, Master’s or OUPV (“Six-Pack”)
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
- Sailing proficiency on 30-to-42-foot keelboats in varied wind, weather, and tidal conditions
- Passion for sailing, teaching, and stewarding new sailors into experienced cruisers
- Ability to lift 50lbs and perform all duties related to rigging, operating, and securing sail and powerboats
Preference given to candidates who can work weekdays.