Full (2) & Part-Time (2) US Sailing Instructors
Founded in 1992, Windworks Sailing and Powerboating Club is the premier US Sailing & US Powerboating school in the Pacific Northwest. We offer sailing courses, charter rentals, and ownership opportunities to accommodate every level of sailor and powerboater. Our fleet, classroom, and offices are at Shilshole Bay Marina in Seattle.
Windworks’ Basic Keelboat classes are taught aboard Catalina Capri 22 daysailers. Basic Cruising, Bareboat Cruising, and Coastal Passagemaking are taught aboard our cruising fleet of 30-to-42-foot Catalinas, Beneteaus, and Bavarias. Catamaran classes are taught aboard our Lagoon 40. Shore school sessions and Coastal Navigation are held in our dedicated onshore classroom. Courses are scheduled weekdays and weekends year-round.
Type: Full-time position
Compensation: $25/hour DOE
Benefits: Medical/Dental, Retirement
- Teach safety, boat handling and sailing theory to adults in classroom and on-the-water lessons
- Prepare daily lesson plans for classroom and on-the-water instruction following curriculum guidelines set by Windworks and US Sailing
- Administer and grade US Sailing exams
- Current United States Coast Guard License, Master’s or OUPV (“Six-Pack”)
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
- Sailing proficiency on 30-to-42-foot keelboats in varied wind, weather, and tidal conditions
- Passion for sailing, teaching, and stewarding new sailors into experienced cruisers
- Ability to lift 50lbs and perform all duties related to rigging, operating, and securing sail and powerboats
- Employment contingent on passing a background check